The phrase ‘Soli Deo Gloria’ is Latin for glory to God alone and is part of the five solas. During the Protestant Reformation the five solas were developed as a summary of the core beliefs. Those five solas are:
- Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone)
- Sola Fide (Faith Alone)
- Sola Gratia (Grace Alone)
- Solus Christus (Christ Alone)
- Soli Deo Gloria (Glory of God Alone)
These five solas define the Scriptural conclusions of true disciples of Jesus Christ. I have chosen to call this website ‘Soli Deo Gloria’ or ‘Glory of God Alone’ because that is the focus of this blog and should be the focus of our lives. In 1 Corinthians 10:31 Paul tells us that whatever we do, it should be done for the glory of God. Everything that we do should be for the purpose of glorifying God. That is the purpose of this blog, to bring glory to God.
To accomplish that very purpose, this website has postings that will focus on three areas:
- Practical discussions and insights about topics relevant to daily living
- Daily devotions from the Word of God focused on explanation of the text and application of it
- Book recommendations and reviews to direct you to resources that are biblically grounded in God’s truth
Each of these is meant to spur growth in every person. My hope is that through reading the content here, you will grow in spiritual maturity, becoming like Christ in daily living so that God may be glorified through you.