From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- Three Reasons Rural Churches Matter More than You Think: Over the last several year I have spent more time in rural churches than any other and have come to appreciate their ministry as ‘the front lines.’
- Archaeologists Find A Piece of History from King Hezekiah’s Reign: A fascinating find and confirmation of biblical history comes in an unlikely place.
The Joy of Scripture:
- A Scripture Memory Method that Really Works: A new website for women has launched and they are memorizing the book of James together. I urge you to tag along.
- EVS Reader’s Bible: Crossway has released a new version of the reader’s Bible. This one, done in exquisite detail, comes in six volumes. I am quite excited about it! Read the Bible Design Blog’s review of it here and if you’re interest, jump over to Westminster Bookstore to pick up a copy, which is on sale and you can enter your pastor to win a copy.
The Joy of Reading:
- Want to Read More? Do It Efficiently With These Three Apps: I am convinced that most of us don’t read enough. Here are some apps to help you read more.
- The New York Public Library Has a Mini Roller Coaster for Books: Restocking the shelves at the New York Public Library must require a lot of work. Imagine lugging heavy carts up several floors. Now they don’t have to. This is quite fascinating.
The Joy of Writing:
- How to Make an Ink Wash: I love my fountain pens and ink, but what do you do with that residual ink that you can quite reach. You don’t want to waste it, but can’t get into the fountain pen. Use that ink to make some unique and personal stationary . . . even if you don’t have a fountain pen or ink, this is still a unique idea you might enjoy and can adapt.
- What is the Oxford Comma and Why Do People Care So Much About It?: What is the Oxford Comma? You probably learned it in school but don’t remember it.
The Joy of Life:
- Vintage Pressed Glass Sculptures: There is much that can be done with glass. These sculptures are quite beautiful and interesting.
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
Sola Society (solasociety.com):
- Is the Great Commission in Conflict with Predestination? By: Jason Harris
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):
- Fact-Checkers: A Result of the Fall?
- Effective Resources for Bible Study: Word Study Tools
- Tuesday Truth: Blaise Pascal
- Dispelling God: The Diminishing Use of Reason