From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- Every Click Counts: How Desiring God watches web traffic and stays motivated, but more than that, David Mathis provides an interesting insight about what all of should learn from this exercise.
- Findings from the New Atlantis Report on Sexuality & Gender: Recent reporting on the evidence for genetically-linked gender identities and sexual orientation.
- Chosen by God & Holiness of God: Two popular teaching series by R.C. Sproul are online for free. Take advantage of this opportunity. You can also find them on the Ligonier YouTube channel.
- Trumps Moral Character and the Election: Wayne Grudem’s recent endorsement of Donald Trump fell into some criticism among some Christians. In light of recent information, he has revised his statement.
- 4 Reasons Spurgeon Died Poor: Charles Spurgeon profited handsomely from ministry, but he used little of it for himself.
The Joy of Scripture:
- Where Did Satan Come From: A good synopsis answering a common question.
The Joy of Reading:
- 5 Literary Coffee Shops Around the World: I love a good coffee shop, but love it even more when you can combine it with my passion for reading.
- Why It’s Pivotal to Make Room for Reading: A quick article on why to read, what to read, how to read.
The Joy of Writing:
- 30 Minutes, 30 Days: How one writer implemented a new practice for just 30 minutes a day. The result? Better writing, and more writing.
The Joy of Life:
The Best Selling Restaurant in America: Despite being a small chain than most any other, this chain outperforms its competition tremendously. How do they do it? With politeness.
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
- Field Notes: Expectations: First of a two-part series about lessons learned after three months on the mission field.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):