From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- Balancing Work & Family Responsibilities: William Wilberforce had to be away from his family more often than he would have liked. How did he ensure he spent sufficient time with them? Vance Christie provides an answer.
- Do Not Add to the Offense of the Gospel: R.C. Sproul deals with the offensiveness of the gospel to a lost world.
- My Neighbors Ate My Dog & I’m Sad: An interesting read into the missionary life.
- Is A Church Anti-Gay for Practicing Church Discipline: One man’s issue with church discipline heads to the media in an effort “not to engage the church’s beliefs, but to shame the church for its beliefs.”
- Ben Zobrist ~ Major League Believer: What you need to know about the baseball player, who has already been part of a winning team at the World Series.
- State of Theology: Who is Christ?: Americans are quick to deny Jesus Christ. More startling though is the response and confusion of evangelicals.
- Taking Back Christianese: Just Ask Jesus Into Your Heart: Michael Kruger evaluates idioms of the Christian culture.
The Joy of Reading:
- 6 Reasons E-Readers Are Awesome: I recognize the debate between hard books and e-readers and understand the points of each. For myself, I prefer a hard copy book, but as a missionary overseas and with traveling, I am thankful to have the option of the e-reader.
The Joy of Writing:
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
- Field Notes: Expectations: First of a two-part series about lessons learned after three months on the mission field.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):