From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- How Evangelicals Can Help Fix the Supreme Court: Joe Carter defines a problem for us, but his conclusions are not what we might expect.
- LifeWay Stops Selling Jen Hatmaker Books: Admittedly, until the controversy over Jen Hatmaker broke this week, I had no idea who she was.
- 4 Portraits of Power from a Magazine Rack Near You: Jen Wilkin offers a unique analysis of the power that humans so often crave.
- Learning Lessons from Liberals: Nathan Busenitz examines liberalism from a historical perspective and takes us to 7 conclusions for today.
- A Few Brief Thoughts on the Hatmaker Hermeneutic: As the fallout and response to Jen Hatmaker’s comments last week, Kevin DeYoung pens a piece about how the Hatmaker’s study of Scripture falls short and why it matters (Be sure to also click on the link to Rosaria Butterfield’s response as well; it is very good).
The Joy of Reading:
- What the Dickens?: 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Charles Dickens.
The Joy of Writing:
- Field Notes: Spring 2016 Colors Edition: Admittedly, I’ve never tried the Field Notes notebooks, but am tempted to after seeing this release. They have often received great reviews, especially because of their size, which are ideal to carry with you.
- Northern Twilights Ink Shot Review: I am a big lover of fountain pens and love to share that passion with others. Goulet Pens did a review on an exclusive ink, and the color is quite phenomenal!
The Joy of Life:
- Glass on Glass Art: This is the work of a friend of mine. It’s beautiful and pretty exclusive. I would urge everyone to check it out!
- Pushing that Crosswalk Button May Make You Feel Better, but . . . : Ever wonder if pushing a button really made a difference? Now you know.
- A Key to Great Writing: Make Every Word Count:
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):