From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- True Leadership is Sacrifice, Not Privilege: In light of the current leadership model, author David Mathis provides biblical insight into true leadership.
- Pick Your Battles Parenting: A look into the ‘pick your battles’ philosophy that now makes up parenting.
- What Keeps You From Going? Three Myths About Missions: While I disagree with some thoughts in this article, it confronts some of the misconceptions about missions.
- Political Idolatry and Mocking Your Mission Field: The election is over. Now what?
The Joy of Reading:
- Protect Your Library the Medieval Way, With Horrifying Book Curses: In a time when creating a book took much effort, they were highly valued. So how did people protect their books from others? By putting curses on them.
The Joy of Writing:
- 8 Favorite Inks for Writing Holiday Cards: Some great inks are on this list.
The Joy of Life:
- 5 Apps To Help You Learn a Foreign Language: One of the great benefits of the technological revolution is the tools is gives us in helping to learn languages.
- Physics Says This is the Best Way to Deal With Hot Coffee
- The Media Stable: Time For a Clear Out: This is an article from Christian author David Murray. After watching the election results on Tuesday night, I noticed this same issue and am thankful that someone has addressed it.
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):