Links from around the web and around the world for your reading pleasure.
From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- 9 Christians in the Trump Cabinet: David Murray draws our attention to 9 people in President-elect Donald Trump’s cabinet who have openly claimed to be Christian.
- When ‘fake news’ comes from both right and left: I wish everyone would recognize why fake news has become a problem. Denny Burk has addressed this problem in a good way, unfortunately I fear most will simply agree and then move on.
- How to Help Your Children Become Better Sermon Listeners: Some unique ways to engage your children’s listening abilities during sermons.
- My Top 10 Theology Stories of 2016: Not all of these are inherently theological, but theology certainly plays a role in every one of them (because it impacts everything).
The Joy of Scripture & Preaching:
- The Value of Scripture: Hopefully we already know that Scripture is profitable for all things, but R.C. Sproul establishes how the Bible is practical and applicable, even in our own lives.
The Joy of Reading:
- Can Christians Benefit From Books by Nonbelievers?: John Piper tackles this question from Jonathan Edwards (not the former preacher we are all aware of).
- From One Reader to Another: Al Mohler gives book recommendations when you are searching for something to do on those cold, winter nights.
- The Collected Best Christian Books of 2016: There are a lot of sites and people out there giving their top 10 of 2016 for books. Tim Challies has compiled them into one posting here and it is a worthwhile look.
The Joy of Writing (Writing Tips and Instruments):
- Why The Fountain Pen Has Become the Must-have Luxury Accessory: I am not sure I would call a fountain pen, luxury . . . it certainly doesn’t have to be expensive, but it is good to see their popularity grow.
- 5 Tips for Increasing Your Writing Productivity: While I am all for finding a place with good ambiance, I think number one is important and overlooked.
The Joy of Life:
- Report: How Abortion Clinics Endanger Women: The Gospel Coalition shares some stats from a recently received report about the violations of abortion clinics . . . and they do so from a distinctly Christian worldview.
- 5 Productivity Questions to Ask About Your To-Do List: Short and simple.
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):