Links from around the web and around the world for your reading pleasure.
From the Web: Important and/or fun thoughts from around the web this past week.
The Joy of The Christian Life:
- Top Post of 2016 at ThomRainier.com – Part One: If you have missed any of these in the past year, take some time this weekend and read through a few of them.
- African Pastors Saying ‘No’ to Prosperity Theology: There is a huge problem in Africa, and I am thankful for the ministries I know intent on bringing sound theology to a continent lacking.
- Should Differences in Biblical Manuscripts Scare Christians: Differences are often cast as reasons not to believe in the authority/integrity of the Bible, but that conclusion doesn’t necessarily follow from the information we have.
- Why Are Women More Eager Missionaries?: John Piper tackles this question.
The Joy of Reading:
- A balanced diet: My reading plan for 2017: Aaron Armstrong shares some thoughts about his own reading for 2017 and in doing so forces readers to consider some points in their own reading plans.
- Cool Bookish Ideas for Your Bullet Journal: This author has some fantastic ideas about how to incorporate your reading goals into your bullet journal.
The Joy of Writing (Writing Tips and Instruments):
- So Santa Brought You A Fountain Pen For Christmas: I’m always trying to get others to take up using a fountain pen, so here is a good introductory post for those just starting out.
- Writing Life Hacks for a Successful 2017: 12 tips to stay engaged in your writing.
The Joy of Life:
- After Nearly 500 Years in Business, The Company that Cast the Liberty Bell Is Ceasing All Operations: I am sure many of us our surprised to learn that it was still operating!
From the Projects: Here is a list of what I apparently did this week as well as some links to the works of my co-collaborators on various projects.
Soli Deo Gloria (solideogloria.me):