I would recommend that every believer take in a healthy dose of Spurgeon on a regular basis. Some recommend readings include the following:
- All of Grace (For new believers and unbelievers especially)
- Lectures to my Students (For insights into preaching)
- Morning & Evening (A timeless devotional worthy of everyone’s attention)
- Spurgeon’s Sermons (A five volume set of Spurgeon’s sermons that cover a broad range of his preaching)
- The Treasury of David (Spurgeon’s most well-known commentary that covers the Psalms)
There are also a wide array of biographies available on Spurgeon, but there are two I highly recommend:
- The Gospel Focus of Charles Spurgeon by Steve Lawson (A comprehensive, yet short biography on Charles Spurgeon)
- The Forgotten Spurgeon by Iain Murray (Murray only covers the details of some of the controversies of Spurgeon’s life. But it presents Spurgeon and illustrates the truth on which he stood. As far as I am concerned, this is one of the must reads for every believer).
For a more complete list of the works of Charles Spurgeon, click here.
Background photo “heart” courtesy of user yugoQ and Flickr.